Faith House is a transitional housing program for young single mothers. Its mission is to prepare young mothers to become self-supporting, effective parents and responsible citizens. Housed on the grounds of St. Ann's Center for Children, Youth and Families, Faith House offers eight furnished,one-bedroom apartments with a common kitchen and other shared facilities.
Who is eligible for the program?
Single women ages 18-25 with one child may apply. Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED and be willing to sign a rental agreement committing to the following:
- rent based on a small percentage of income
- maintaining employment
- maintaining a safe, clean, and healthy home
- being a good parent
- being a good neighbor
Applicants are evaluated by our staff based on the following criteria:
- Wilingness to participate in the program
- St. Ann's ability to meet the applicant's needs
What services does the program provide?
Those young mothers accepted into the program embark on a two year learning experience that provides:
- a stable and healthy living environment
- job development and placement
- parenting support
- financial management
- stress management and counseling
- access to 24-hour nursing
- developmental child care program
- training opportunities
Faith House residents receive guidance and support from a full-time Case Manager who helps them set realistic personal, educational and employment goals. Residents are also encouraged to work with the child care providers and other St. Ann's staff for support.
For more information on Faith House, please contact the Case Manager at (301) 559-5500.
Sign up for St. Ann's E-News