St. Ann's Teen Mother-Baby Program provides a supportive environment for pregnant teens and young mothers while they continue their education or job training. Comprehensive services help prepare residents for responsible parenting and independent living.
Who is eligible for the program?
Single women who fall into either of the categories below and who desire a residential program with comprehensive services may apply.
- Pregnant applicants between the ages of 13-22 who are working to complete High School or obtain a GED.
- Young women aged 15-22 with one child under the age of two.
Applicants are evaluated for by our staff based on the following criteria:
- Willingness to participate in the program
- St. Ann's ability to meet the applicant's needs.
How do accepted applicants pay for the program?
The program fee will be negotiated based on the status of the applicant and will come under one of the following categories:
- Funding through contract with social service agency
- Sliding Scale fee based on income.
- Temporary Cash Assistance for applicants who have no income or family support.
- Special grants when available for clients who meet eligibility guidelines.
What other services does St. Ann's Teen Mother Baby Program Provide?
- 24-Hour Nursing Care
- Weekly Prenatal Clinic
- Childbirth Preparation Classes
- Labor & Delivery, Providence Hospital
- Postpartum Follow-up Care
- Well Women/Child Care Exams
- Instruction in Caring for Infants and Toddlers
- Family Life Education
- Supported & Supervised “hands on” Infant Care during the Postpartum Weeks
- Child Development Classes
- Junior/Senior High Academic Subjects
- Preparation for Civil Service Exams
- GED Preparation
- Comparative Shopping
Social Work Services:
- Individual & group counseling
- Support group for parents
- Adoption support groups
- Arts & Crafts
- Cultural & Sports Events
- Shopping Trips
How can I be considered for St. Ann's Teen Mother-Baby Program?
You start with a pre-admission interview during which you'll meet St. Ann’s staff, tour the Teen Mother-Baby Program, discuss your personal situation and goals, and make financial arrangements.
To set up a pre-admission interview, or for further information, call St. Ann’s at (301) 559-5500 and ask to speak to our Intake Coordinator.
St. Ann’s Teen Mother-Baby Program is licensed through the Maryland State Department of Human Resources. The educational facility is fully approved by the Maryland State Department of Education.